Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

Worth Reading:


A psychologist walked around a
room while teaching stress
management to an audience. As she
raised a glass of water, everyone
expected they'd be asked the "half
empty or half full" question.
Instead, with a smile on her face,
she inquired: "How heavy is this
glass of water?"
Answers called out ranged from 8
oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, "The absolute weight
doesn't matter. It depends on how
long I hold it. If I hold it for a
minute, it's not a problem. If I hold
it for an hour, I'll have an ache in
my arm. If I hold it for a day, my
arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In
each case, the weight of the glass
doesn't change, but the longer I
hold it, the heavier it becomes." She
continued, "The stresses and worries
in life are like that glass of water.
Think about them for a while and
nothing happens. Think about them
a bit longer and they begin to hurt.
And if you think about them all day
long, you will feel paralyzed –
incapable of doing anything."
It’s important to remember to let
go of your stresses. As early in the
evening as you can, put all your
burdens down. Don't carry them
through the evening and into the
night. Remember to put the glass
down!

No comments:

Post a Comment